Larry Carter holds a National B Rally licence and has competed on a number of events over the past ten years including co driving for top drivers Paul Bird (Ford Focus WRC/Hyundai Accent WRC/Subaru Impreza), Ryan Champion (Mitsubishi Lancer), Richard Welford (Peugeot 205/306/Ford Escort Cosworth) and Darren Grimston (Ford Escort Mk2).
Also, Cartersport owns a 1600cc Peugeot 206 Super Cup Rally Car, professionally prepared and maintained by KF Motorsport and with good results at various venues over the past few years, including a best result of 10th overall and 3rd in class on the 2010 Specsavers Christmas Stages. Carter won the Division 1A class on his debut in the Rallycross Open Championship at Croft in October 2009 and finished second in the S1600 class at the BTRDA 75th Anniversary meeting also at Croft in November 2013. The same car has been raced by Larry in the Northern Sports & Saloon Car Championship.
- The Fleet Street Award (top journalist) – Network Q Rally of GB 2001
- Media Award – Rallye Sunseeker, Bournemouth 2003 & 2004
- Dee Jays Cambrian Rally, Llandudno winner 2003
- Specsavers Christmas Stages Rally, Croft winner 2002 & 2003
- Kall Kwik National Rally, Pickering winner 2004
Corporate rally days, rally car hire and exclusive tests can be organised by us as well as driver training and promotion. We also hold co-driver tuition days including pacenote training, timing, service schedules etc.
Career – Bikes
Larry Carter raced motorcycles from 1983 to 1989 at various levels from club meetings to international and British Championship events. Bike raced included a Suzuki GSX400F, Yamaha RD400, Yamaha 250LC, Suzuki RGV250Mk2, Suzuki GSX-R 750, Yamaha TZ350, and Honda CBR600. Highlights included:
- Winner ACU Star 750cc Production Championship Race, Carnaby, 1988
- 9th ACU Star 750cc Production Championship, 1988
- 17th British 1300cc Production Championship, 1988
- Winner Auto 66 Club Super One, 1300cc Production and EYCA Championships, 1988
- Winner Count of Carnaby Championship, 1988
- Winner Auto 66 Club 750cc Production Championship, 1984
- Winner Auto 66 Club 250cc Production Spring Championship, 1987
- 4th Suzuki GSX-R750 World Cup, 1988
- 22nd British 600cc Seniorstock Championship, 1989
- 15th Manx Newcomers Grand Prix, 1989
- 20th North West 200 Seniorstock Race, 1989
- 4th place finishes at Scarborough Spring National and Cock o ‘the North meetings, 1989
After a break of 21 years, Carter’s two wheeled career recommenced with the purchase of a 250cc Trials bike in 2010 whereby he competes in local club events. It’s his lifelong ambition to enter the world famous Scott Trial as soon as his schedule allows.